Monday, September 18, 2017

FORGETTING ENGLISH

Week 66
Monday, September 18, 2017



Hello Fam and Friends, 
I hope you all have had a great week, We are absolutely killing it here in Passi. 

This week has been absolutely great, I have a funny story from this week

So we were "OYM"ing (Open Your Mouth) the people who live in our sub-division. We came across this one lady who was super dope. We were talking to her and it turned out that she didn't know Ilonggo, but she knew English. Greek, and Tagalog. I thought it was so cool that she knew Greek...I explained that one of my best friends growing up was Greek.  I told her a word that his dad used to call me, and she busted up laughing...UMMM...THANKS A LOT, LARRY!   We taught her in English...this was only the second time I had taught a lesson in English in the last almost year and a half. Let's just say it was extremely hard and I felt really dumb. I forgot words, I was speaking English, Tagalog, and Basta... it was a mess!  It's gonna be rough when I go home!

Other than that, We had a very solid week. "M" was baptized along with two other people from Calinog.  We had a District Baptism. It was a great experience, "E" came and she loved it. She even made food for the baptism... she is so dope.  "E" is still progressing well and this week we finally were able to teach her husband! The lesson was good and we're going try to teach him some more this week.  This week we also had a lot of success with less active members. We were able to have three less active members at church who haven't been to church in a long time. One of those being "C", "K", and "M"'s mom. It was amazing, and she was so happy to be there.  She also gave us another referral, her son. They have a huge family...she is the mother of 12!!!   AND we are determined to get all them to church. The work here in Passi is so unreal, I can't even explain it. We have so many lessons every day, we rarely have time to find new investigators. 

I love this work so much. I truly KNOW that this church is true.   It has changed my life and I am seeing it change the lives of others right now. I hope you all have a great week!

Plangga ta kamo 

Love,
Elder Andersen 


Baptism of Mark

District Baptism

District Baptism
The amazing baptismal font...???
Kryzyll
Snail...I ate it.

Chicken Adobo

Banana que

Chicken Curry


No comments:

Post a Comment