Tuesday, October 18, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

Week 18
October 17, 2016

Family and Friends,

This week was great, but instead of a crazy story this week I wanted to say something else:
This Wednesday is my Mom's Birthday!!!! So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  Mom.  I hope you have a great day.  My mother is the most Christ-like person I know.  She always turns outward to love others... no matter who it is.  I could not ask for a better mother.  Only one more birthday til I'm home... haha.  

This week we had some great experiences.  The best one was with a new family we started teaching... the "A" family. They were taught years ago... one morning this past week we decided to find them.  We found them and ended up teaching them on Friday.  They are so excited to learn and we are definitely excited to teach them.  During the lesson. the Nay (mother) would blurt out... ohhhh, I remember that! (She was pumped!)   I'm excited for them.  Brother "M" and "R" are doing great! Brother "M's" family is mostly healthy now,  which is so good.  

The language is really coming along great I feel pretty comfortable talking to people.  I still make lots of mistakes, but i guess that's expected.  

This work is great and I love the Philippines.  It's the best place in the world!


Sorry for the short letter.  Have a great week!

Elder Andersen


Some pieces from our personal letters...answers to some of our questions:

Our week was great!  Our investigators are doing great.  I'll get a new companion next Tuesday when Elder Paxton goes home.  The new apartment is dope!  As of now I still want to play golf when i get home, but it's great to have that option.  (Logan received his acceptance letter to BYU this week and we let him know.)   My health is pretty good...(He has been a little sick this past week.)    There's been a little news about the typhoon,  but not a ton.  We have our 72 hour kits ready and we've been getting prepared.   It could hit Panay (our island) but we don't know yet, we'll see. 

They don't have mattresses here, they're just called "foams".  We got new ones this past Friday though and they're only 6 INCHES thick... crazy... haha!   They're pretty comfortable...we literally pass out at night so it doesn't matter too much if they're comfortable.

Mission President's Conference

Happy Birthday, Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment