Monday, October 10, 2016

WILD RIDE!

Week 17
October 10, 2016

Family and Friends,

Wow! What a great week.  I'll start off as usual.
This week's CRAZY stories:

First,  the jeepney we took to General Conference on Saturday was crazy... like insane!  The jeep was around 10 feet long and there were about 30 people inside... it was packed! haha.  My favorite part though was the driver.  The front seat of a jeepney is a bench seat that normally 2 people and the driver sit on.  On this ride though, there was an extra person in the front.  The driver literally had the stick shift to switch gears  between his legs...i don't know how he was able to reach the clutch, but he did...haha! 

The next crazy story happened this past Tuesday.  It was pretty funny.  It was about 9pm when we got into he center of Dumangas.  We were hungry and were getting some Angles (a burger stand here) to take home to eat.  There were two drunk guys  who had their kids their kids with them.  I was taking to them and they were so funny because they were completely hammered.   Eventually, one of the guy's kids played some music from his trike and both  of the men got up and started dancing.  It was so funny...we were dying laughing!   We left,  and as we were getting to our building, who did we see...he drunk guys driving home with their kids...SO SAFE!  haha

On to the week.  This week was amazing, the highlight of my week was definitely General Conference. (This is a broadcast where we get to hear the leaders of our church speak.)  The talks were amazing and truly inspired by God.  It was so great to hear from our Prophet a couple of times.  The best teaching experience we had this week was teaching "R". We were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation.  Once we got to talking about Jesus Christ, he literally testified to us about how he is our Savior.  Without this we are nothing.  He cares so deeply about our Savior that when he started talking,  he also started crying.  It was an amazing experience.  I know that he truly knows Jesus Christ sacrificed his life for us.  It was an amazing lesson and we are so excited for him.  

The language:
the Ilonggo is great...I am really progressing a lot.  Yesterday,  a lot of people told me that I was doing really well with the language and learning fast.  SO,  it's great to hear that!  I've still got a ways to go, but it's coming!

I loved conference and I am on a spiritual high.   I want to leave my testimony.  I know that Jesus Christ lives.  I know that he is our Savior, and without him we would not have a purpose in this life.  I know that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God and that he restored the Gospel that we have today.  I know Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet and he is the leader of our church.  I love being a missionary and I love serving my Savior.  

Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Andersen

The kids love stickers. 
The trike driver was on Grandpa Duty.  I like how his grandson was just chillin' on his lap.


Elder Paxton really enjoyed the noodles I got in my last package.  It was a great meal...spicy Chicken Alfredo


My breakfast, Pandesal (the best bread ever), peanut butter and a liter of Pepsi

No comments:

Post a Comment