Monday, December 19, 2016

SIX MONTH MARK

Week 27
December 19, 2016

First of all... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Hello Friends and Family, 
I hope you had a great week.  This week's letter is going to be  little different because I hit my six month mark in the mission.  I would just like to share my feelings about these first six months.

Wow six months already, that is absolutely crazy... the slowest but fastest six months of my life.  It's crazy that in these last 6 months 

  • I have been learning 3 new languages, 2 of which I'd never heard of six months ago.  
  • I moved to a new country.
  • I haven't watched any TV. 
  • I haven't played even one round of golf.  
  • I have given up almost everything I had before my mission, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  
  • I have lived with 4 different people  24/7.  
  • I have learned a completely new culture and lifestyle.  
  • I have learned how to work hard even when I want to die because I'm so tired.  
  • I'm not picky any more.   I eat almost eat anything.  
  • I've lost 40 pounds
  • I have stopped taking simple things for granted...toilet paper, plastic bags, my mom, a washing machine.  
  •  I got hit by a drunk driver. 
  •  I sweat 24/7.  
Best of all, I have noticed how blessed I am, and how the Lord blesses me.  I have literally seen the Lord's hand in my life.  I have seen so many peoples' lives change from this amazing gospel.  I have seen people change and make extremely hard choices and be blessed because of those changes.  I've realized this church... The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints really is the only true church today.  I know we have a living prophet who has the same power as prophets of old such as Moses and Adam.  This mission is definitely  the hardest thing I have ever done, or even tried, but it is by far the most rewarding thing I've ever done.  I love being  missionary and I love sharing my Savior's gospel every day.  I'm so glad that in six days we will get to celebrate His birth.  I'm so thankful for my family.  I have the best family in the world.  They are perfect examples to me and have been there for me every point in my life.  Plangga gid ko kamo tanan Halong Kamo.  
Love,
Elder Andersen

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Add caption




Budah-fight 

Budag-fight with a lechon

Culasi Branch Christmas Party


Six Months Baby- burning a tie!


Sis Months Baby!

Views of Pandan

Culasi Branch Christmas Party

6 Month Mark- burning a tie

Views of Pandan

Views of Pandan

Golfing in the Philippines

Birthday Party

Birthday Party



Views of Pandan


My new BFF...Moymoy the Monkey


Gonna miss this place

Last night in Dumangas

Last night in Dumangas



No comments:

Post a Comment