Monday, December 5, 2016

GEORGE COSTANZA AND MY LAST WEEK IN DUMANGAS

Week 25
Monday, December 5, 2016

Friends and Family,

Last week in Dumangas, and George Costanza

The title of my letter is my crazy story of the week...

For those of you who do not know...Seinfeld is my favorite show.  When I watched it, I realized so much of that show relates to real life.  So,  this past  Friday we were walking to an appointment, and as we were getting close to the house, there was a branch hanging down that I didn't see (it was dark).  The tree hit me so perfectly in the face, that it ripped my contact out.  Also, for those of you who don't know... I'm completely blind without contacts.  So I had one good eye and one not-so good eye... haha.  We got to the house and while having one contact in absolutely stinks, i needed it.  The whole time I was winking because I could only see  out of one eye, and during the entire appointment I could only think of George Costanza In the one episode where he gets lemon juice in his eye.   He winks at everything and ends up getting a guy fired.  I thought it was pretty funny, and our investigator was probably wondering WHAT i was doing!.  

I found out yesterday that today is my last day in Dumangas.  Tomorrow I will be transferring to the Antique zone!!!!! I'm really excited, but a little sad becauseI have really grown to love Dumangas so much.  One of the first questions I asked when if found out i was transferring was "What language is spoken there?"  This is  probably one of the only missions in the world you have to say that... haha! The language that i will be speaking  Karay-ah.  I have heard it spoken a little here, but not much.  A lot of the vocabulary is different, but the grammar is the same.  My dad in the mission, Elder Paxton, described Karay-ah in a great way. "Ilonggo (the language i speak now) is known as the language of love. Karay-ah is the language of hate.  There will be two best friends that just saw each other for the first time in 20 years and they will be so happy, but it sounds like they're about to kill each other." So, that's it...the language i will be speaking. 'm  excited though.   Elder Richards is also transferring to the Antique Zone as well as our current Zone Leader.  He will be the Zone Leader in our new area too. I'm really good friends with both him and Elder Richards, so it'll be tight.  We won't find out who our companions will be or which area in the Zone we will be in until tomorrow. 

This week was pretty good.   This area is about to catch fire...It's going to be a great area for whoever replaces me.   

Well that's all I have to report for this week. There'll be lots to talk about next week.  I love you all and I hope you all have a great week.
  
'Til we meet again,

Elder Andersen 

Quesions answered from our personal letters: 

 (When asked if he knew anything about his new area that he will be serving in) 
"The whole zone is a bunch of beaches.  It's supposed to be beautiful.  Most likely I will have a native companion, but i really have no idea."

Elder Andersen asked me to send him some pancake mix  and syrup.  Elder Richard's family sent him some. They had their native companions try the pancakes with syrup.  
"They don't have syrup here.  It was funny when our companions tried it because the just put a little bit of syrup on their pancake, then after they tasted it...they put a boatload on...haha!"

"The Ilonggo is pretty natural now, but i guess it doesn't mean anything now that I'll be speaking another language.  One night this week, I woke up and said something to myself in straight Ilonggo.  haha.  I was like..."Woah...why did I do that? Also, Engish is starting to not make sense anymore...haha

I

We made the cake my mom sent me for my birthday.

Two of my favorite members in the Ward.  They are always laughing and having fun.

Half my size

Last Sunday in Dumangas


Last Sunday in Dumangas
The Boys- at the Transfers


The Boys- at the Transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment