Monday, April 3, 2017

I'M NOT MY BROTHER'S KEEPER!

Week 42
Monday, April 3, 2017

First of all I'd like to wish my brother, Braxton,  a Happy birthday.   I hope it was a good one, I honestly have no clue how old he is haha, 

Hello family and friends, I hope you all had a great week.

This week's crazy story:
So this week was of course April Fools' Day... So i played some pranks on other missionaries. I told  three other missionaries that Elder Estrada (my companion) wanted to go home,  and that he was packing.  I did a great job convincing them, and we (Elder Estrada and I)  got them soooo bad.  They were giving me all kinds of advice... and then finally we just screamed... April Fools'!  Alll three of them hung up and wouldn't respond to me for the rest of the day... haha.   I also called to prank Elder Cobabe, but right as I stated my prank...he said, "April Fools!" 

Sister Cruz got ME way bad... she told me our house burned down." haha IDK why she chose our house... but apparently she got Elder Cobabe way bad too!  


The week:
This week was good, a little all over the place, but we have been having a lot of great experiences.  Two moments that stick out from this week...  First, was from "L"...she bore her testimony in church yesterday, It may have been one of the most powerful testimonies I've ever heard.  It was so cool to see her faith and feel her happiness. The second was when we taught the "A" family this week.  This was the first time we've taught them in a while because "L" really wants to be baptized as a family, but her husband hasn't been giving her support.  We are teaching the whole family now.  The cool experience was when we just shared about families.  Our church is the only church that teaches, as it says in the bible, that families are forever.  I felt prompted to ask Elder Estrada about his feelings  that he will see his parents again after this life. (For those of you who don't know, both of his parents have passed away.)  But as he talked and I as I testified (after I wept, because Elder Estrada is the happiest person I know). I mentioned that Elder Cobabe and I talked about him one time when we were together. We were both wondering how it is that he can be so happy...his parents have died, he was sick for 4 years and almost died, his life is so hard.  We realized that it is this gospel.  This is a happy gospel and the people that have it are the happiest in the world.  I know this church is true and I love serving my Savior every day. 

Have a great week!

Love, 
Elder Andersen

Cakes for the baptism and birthday last week

"L's" Baptism last week

"L's" Baptism


"L's" Baptism





District Shirts


District Jerseys


District Conference

District Activity...real milkshakes...only 800 pesos


No comments:

Post a Comment