Monday, April 17, 2017

NEW DIGS

Week 44
Monday, April 16, 2018


Hello Friends and Family, this week has been an awesome week...I LOVE GUIMARAS!!!

I don't have a crazy story this week so Imma just dive into my letter because this place is so dope!
I got here on Tuesday afternoon after about an 8 hour trip.  Once I got here, I met my new companion, Elder Santos, and we hopped onto a boat and headed to Guimaras...the boat ride was about 15 minutes..  Elder Santos is soooooo dope and chill. I love him.  He is called a "Harvester" by President Cruz because he baptizes so many people.  We are both pretty young in the mission, he is only one transfer ahead of me.  We have already been having a lot of fun and a lot of good work has been done.  

I asked a lot of people about the house I was moving into... I heard it was absolutely terrible.  My favorite description was "on a scale of Buckingham Palace to cave... it is about an abandoned terrorist hideout." So let's say I... expected the worst, but to my surprise... it is not that bad, I don't mind the house at all.  The bathroom is a little rough but that's okay.  It is a lot of fun.  There's 4 of us in our house and the other companionship is Elder Steiner and Elder Neri.  They're a lot of fun. Elder Neri just came from Dumangas so it has been fun to talk to him about people there.  Of course Elder Steiner is dope, I know him well and it will be great to be with him.  

The Work:
The work here is great.  We have three baptisms scheduled for next Saturday.  The area is doing really well right now.  We have been working really hard to make our Investigator Pool a lot bigger.  Our investigators are really cool and soooooo converted... it is so great.  

Cool Experiences:
This past Friday, we had a great opportunity to go to Iloilo because Elder Schmutz and his wife were visiting.  He is the Second Counselor in the Area Presidency.  It was so cool and extremely spiritual. I learned so much from him.  It was also fun to see a lot of friends. 

Also, this week we have MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference.)  It's for all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders.  It starts today and runs through tomorrow.  I know i'll learn a lot and i'm sure it will be a lot of fun, and..... there's going to be REAL pizza there!  I can't wait!

Lastly, because yesterday was Easter, I would like to share my testimony about Jesus Christ.  I know Jesus Christ lives.  HE is our literal brother and he suffered for ALL of our sins, not just some... ALL of them.  Through him we can become clean and happy.  I know Jesus Christ was sent here for us and he lived a perfect life to set an example for us and accomplish the Atonement.  Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and I am trying to be like him each day.  


I love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Andersen

This sign is typical of the language in Pandan...my last area.  There's four different languages on this sign...Tagalog, Karay-a, Ilonggo, and Aklanon

General Conference

P-day at some Waterfalls in Antique (my last p-day in Antique.)

Waterfalls- last p-day in Antique.

The Boat to Guimaras

The Boat to Guimaras



Buenavista Port

Our Trike with about 1000 pounds of luggage.


Riding on top of a jeepney.

No comments:

Post a Comment