Tuesday, November 28, 2017

TURNING 21 AND FEELING AT HOME IN PASSI

Week 76
Monday, November 27, 2017

Hello Friends and Family,
I hope you all had a great week.   Thank you for all the birthday wishes.  My birthday was literally the best!

On Sunday morning, I got a call at 5:30 am (waking me up) from a member here named "J". She told me our Nay (What they call mother in the Philippines) here was having an asthma attack and they needed our help. Let’s just say… I didn't believe her for one second! Then, I heard knocking on our door.  I woke up, got dressed and opened the door to a big confetti popper going off in my face and all over our house. Then, "J" and Nay "M" sang me “Happy Birthday” and brought me a cake... with trick candles. It was so great, and it made me feel so loved!  After that, I opened my packages and that made me feel even more loved. Thanks to all my family for the packages and cards, it was so amazing!  Next we went to church… church was great and a lot of members wished me a happy birthday.  The best part of the day was that we had soooo many less active members and several investigators come to church. After Church, Nay "M" made me my favorite dish here, Bicol Express… it was SO good.  I had such a great birthday.

The week was also really good.  We've been teaching a lot, and our investigators are doing great. "E" is great as always, and progressing so well. Hopefully the problem with her birth certificate will be solved this week. "L" is also doing great.  Her baptism should have been this past Saturday, but she is going to wait until Christmas for the Stake Baptism.  The "B" family is great as always.   "D" is also doing well, we just need to get him to church.

This week was amazing, full of great work and a lot of fun. I love Passi so much, I feel at home here, and I love serving Jesus Christ.  It is crazy because next week, I will hit my 6 month mark left on the mission. It is crazy how fast time has gone. 

Plangga ta kamo
Love, 
Elder Andersen


Study Time

Me and "L"

When"E" tries on my shoe and it is literally twice the her size.

Really good pizza!  One of them had croccodile meat.

The confetti mess right inside our apartment door...the picture doesn't do it justice!

Switching shoes with Sister Vea





No comments:

Post a Comment