Monday, March 19, 2018

MIXED EMOTIONS


Week 92
March 19, 2018

Hello Friends and Family, 
I hope you all had a great week.  This week was for sure a lot of fun!!!

The highlight of this week was definitely "The Arrivals."  It was so amazing to see ten new missionaries enter this mission.  The best part is that I have an apo (grandchild) now.  His name is Elder McClure and he's dope. Elder Estrada is happy to be training!  This week was filled with a lot of mixed emotions...I had so many of my close friends going home, but I was also able to witness a lot of new missionaries coming in and seeing their new fresh faces and white shirts (mine aren’t not so white anymore.)  So yeah, it was a good week. The rest of this week was spent preparing for our travels for the rest of the transfer.

Another cool part of this week was  Stake Conference for the Iloilo Stake with Elder Bowen of the Seventy, who is the Area President of the Philippines.  It was amazing because most of the things he shared were about missionary work. It was sooo cool and amazing...President Cruz said, “My prayers have been answered.” It was a big help for our mission. It was amazing to talk to him. The General Authorities are literally the best and nicest people anyone can ever meet. It was amazing to feel the Spirit he brings with him. It was such a great experience. My favorite part of what he shared was how members can talk to others about the gospel. He said all it takes is asking anyone a four word question. “Are you a Mormon?” He talked about how he asks this to most everyone he comes in contact with.  After he asks that question, he tells them how they look like a Mormon and talks about all the things they have in common. It was really cool. I think it helped members a lot too! I am extremely thankful for him and for his service to our Savior.  

That’s all I have for last week.  This week should be fun.  We just scheduled a lot of appointments with stake leaders, and bishops, and branch presidents.  We will be going to Antique, Iloilo, and Guimaras this week.  It should be great.

I hope you all have a great week.  I love ya all, it is so crazy that my mission is now coming to an end. I honestly don’t want to go home...I have super mixed feelings.

Halong kamo, Plangga ta kamo
Elder Andersen

My family
My name is now on the departure board!!!

My Family

My Family

Elder Estrada meeting his Trainee, Elder McClure.

My name is now on the "Departure Board."


No comments:

Post a Comment