Tuesday, May 8, 2018

GOOD TIMES WITH THE PRESIDENT


Week 99
Monday, May 7, 2018


Hello Friends and Family, 
This week was soooo good...as in, it was so much fun!!!

On Tuesday, we has the opportunity to drive President Cruz, Sister Cruz, their daughter, and Sister Cruz's brother, sister-in-law, and nephew around Guimaras. It was so much fun... I enjoyed it so much! It was a lot of fun being with President and Sister Cruz's family and getting to know them.  It was also a cool experience because Sister Cruz's brother, sister-in-law and nephew aren't members of the church. So, we essentially spent the whole day building a relationship with them. After spending the day in Guimaras, we came home and found out that we had a surprise MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) on Thursday and Friday. So on Wednesday we spent the day preparing for the MLC. The coolest thing that happened on Wednesday though, was President asked us to teach their family members. Honestly, I was soooo nervous... I mean teaching President Cruz's family... in front of him. But Elder Steiner and I prepared and taught one of the best lessons of my mission. It was funny because we couldn't tell if President was happy with our teachings.  We took their family to the airport, and after they had gone, President talked to us about the lesson. He said that our lesson was perfect, and that he wished he could have filmed us teaching because it was so good. He loved the lesson and our teaching style. It was pretty cool because this was the first lesson Elder Steiner and I had taught together haha. It was such a cool and spiritual experience. 

Thursday in Friday we had the MLC... it was great, I trained on "Ministering."  I focused on lifting others, and used the Mormon Message, "Lift."  I really like this Mormon Message...it's really good, I recommend it! 

Saturday, we were supposed to have a meeting in San Jose Antique, but after we drove two hours to get there, they told us the meeting had been rescheduled to Wednesday.  So, while we were there, we checked all the apartments in Antique,  We left at 6:30am  and got home at 8:30pm.   95% of that time, I was driving. It was good though. 

It was a great and another busy week.  This next week is also going to be very busy.  It's crazy I only have four weeks remaining in my mission, I can't even grasp it, while I am excited, I really don't want it to end.

I love you all.
Plangga ta kamo tanan
Love, 
Elder Andersen

Pictures from Guimaras Trip






 














Matching Ties- With President Cruz and other Assistants

AP's with President and Sister Cruz

MLC


No comments:

Post a Comment