Monday, May 1, 2017

ALL YOU CAN EAT MANGOES!

Week 46
Monday, May 1, 2017

Hello Friends and family,
I hope you all had a great week!

This week's crazy story isn't too crazy...but it's delicious!!!
This week in Buensvista was the mini opening for the big Mangahhan Festival in Guimaras.  So we had all you can eat mangoes... it wasn't the big contest, but just a practice I guess.  Holy cow, those mangoes may have been the best things I've ever put in my mouth!!! They were soooo SARAP TELEGA.  I loved them...I ate 13 mangoes which is about 8 pounds worth... haha.  Lets just say my stomach and apartment mates suffered... if you know what I mean.  But totally worth it!!!! It was awesome and I cant wait to eat more!!

This week was honestly a little bit of a down week because we didn't have a ton of opportunities to teach, but it was still a good week.  The "M" family, Nay "R", and "M" are all progressing really well, and should, if everything goes as planned be baptized on May 20!!!  It should be a great day!  This Saturday I had the great opportunity to go on splits with My batch, Elder Steiner. It was a lot of fun, we found a ton of new investigators for his area and we had a lot of fun together.  I learned a lot from him and I hope he learned from me as well.

This week we also went to a place called San Lorenzo. The area used to have missionaries but It was closed down about nine months ago.  Members from our branch go up there pretty often to work, so we went with them. It is a great the area, and it is super prepared.  We're trying to get it open again because I think it will progress really well.  San Lorenzo is a very cool place with lots of windmills. It  was a great day...super effective and fun!

That's really all I have today.  I love this work, I love the Philippines, and I love being a missionary!

Halong Kamo dito
Love,
Elder Andersen

San Lorenzo windmills

San Lorenzo

All you can eat mangoes

"Maybe the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!"



Aftermath

The aftermath of the feast.

When your Branch President is a police officer.

Church yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment