Tuesday, July 18, 2017

LIVIN' IT UP IN JARO

Week 57
Monday, July 17, 2017
Hello friends and family,
I hope you all had a great week.  We are just living it up here in Jaro!

This week was a lot of fun.  The craziest thing that happened to us this week was when we got a delivery of a bunch of our supplies (closets,brooms, mop, etc.).  We came home one night after work and Elder Geocadin needed to use the restroom. I was just waiting for him at my desk so we could close our day.  We closed our day and then we knelt to pray.  While we were praying, sweat was dripping down my face and into my eyes.  My eyes sort of opened for a second while I was wiping away the sweat...and i actually did a "double-take" because right in front of my eyes was a whole bunch of stuff. I think my jaw dropped in amazement.  After Elder Geocadin finished the prayer, I just pointed at all the stuff.  He was like...WHOA...The Lord has provided for us!  haha!  It was just crazy that we didn't notice it all when we got home.  It was great,  and now we are living good..no more living out of suitcases.  We really have eveything we need except for a refrigerator.  Ours is broken and we are waiting for a new one.

This week has been great though. We have one investigator, "A", who will be baptized in a 2 weeks. He is sooooo cool,.  We can only teach him on Sundays because he stays at his work during the work week. He is so awesome, and so ready to be baptized. 

We also have another great investigator named "G". She is also great. She is a real seeker... she has been baptized is so many different churches because she has constantly been searching to find the truth.  We have been having great lessons with her, and she is liking what we have to say. We finally found out her concern, which is great and we're just trying to help her see how this is the truth.  One great thing about her is every time we teach her,  one of her neighbors sits in on the lesson. This week we had a funny experience with one of her neighbors, "R" While we were teaching, there were people that were constantly going in and out of the house.  "R" said, "He's Satan because he keeps interrupting us." When a boy came back through the house, a little kid we were teaching said,  "Oh,  it's Satan!" hahahah It was soooo funny I about lost it, laughing. 

Another funny thing happened while we were walking to "G's" house. There were group of guys that were drinking,  and they were all talking about how tall I was. Finally when I passed by, one guy jumped up and asked me how tall I was?  I told him that I was 6'4", and he turned  around to his friends and was like "you see!"  I watched these guys give him a bunch of money because they were actually betting on my height...haha!  Also Sister "L" has been  doing great, we are just struggling to get her to church, but we are working it out... haha.  This week has been great.  I love this place and I love this missionary work!

I hope you all have a great week, 
Plangga taka

Love,
 Elder Andersen

Our Area

Rain Storm

Rain Storm

The Comp...Elder Geocadin

Our new apartment and our new closets

New Apartment

New Apartment
New Apartment

New Apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment