Thursday, January 18, 2018

MORE NEW EXPERIENCES

Week 83
Monday, January 15, 2018

Hello friends and family! 

I hope you all had a great week.  This week was very good!

After our p-day (preparation day)  last Wednesday, we did some more Zone Leader things.  We traveled around our zone on Thursday and Friday, teaching the missionaries in our zone about the new things that came out at MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference). It was a lot of fun, but unfortunately, it took time away from the work in our area.  However, we really saw some miracles this week. 

On Saturday, we taught one of the coolest lessons ever to a guy named "J".  "J" is a wealthy lawyer, is very good at English, and cool. We went to his house on Saturday morning and taught him for two hours.  It was amazing... he asked such great questions.  He and his family are interested...I am so excited for them. It is such a cool experience teaching someone who has a really strong background in the Bible, and showing him how the Book of Mormon goes hand in hand with it. It was so fun, and I can't wait to teach him again. We have also been having a lot of success with our two deaf investigators.  I'm lucky because Elder Merrill knows ASL, and he can teach them...I'm learning it as well. They are progressing so well, and we love them so much.  

Then on Sunday, we had a big miracle happen that honestly we just realized this morning. We had nine investigators at Sacrament Meeting, and we received a bunch of referrals. It was amazing...most of the investigators that came to Sacrament Meeting were brought by a member or an investigator. It was amazing because we have been so busy and have had literally no time to work in our area.  But, we have been working hard and doing our best.  We know we have been blessed...I love how the Lord works.  The work is great and I love serving my Lord. 

This week was amazing and to make it even better, last Wednesday a member bought and brought us Subway from Boracy. I loved it. This week I also had the opportunity to try Durian, a fruit this week. It smelled so bad and tasted horrible!  It was terrible...especially for the next few days, every time I would burp, I would get the taste all over again!

Last night we also had our interviews with President Cruz which were really good. We as the Zone Leaders got to spend some time with him and his Assistants after the interviews were over.  It was a lot of fun! 
I love this work and I love being a missionary. It is the best thing ever!
Mahal ko kayo lahat 
Love,
Elder Andersen


Sorry I didn't take many pictures this week, kinda forgot, but here's the subway and Durian!


Subway

Durian

No comments:

Post a Comment