Tuesday, January 3, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Week 29
Sunday, January 1, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Hello family and friends,
I hope you had a great week, Christmas, and New Year celebration.  It's crazy that it is 2017!!!  I can now say I go home next year...haha.

So I'll start off the usual way... Crazy story of the week:
New Year's is pretty crazy in the Philippines. The past three days we had to be in our apartment at 5:00pm and we couldn't leave.  I took the opportunity to  study and sleep a lot, it was nice.  Yesterday after church we were able to go out and really work.  It was unbelievable how many beer bottles were everywhere...haha.  People really turn up for New Year's here.  Nothing really that crazy happened to us, except for people offering us beer and shots over and over again... haha.  That's it for the crazy story... sorry, not really that crazy.  

The teaching here in Pandan is going great.
We have three baptisms scheduled for Jan 14 and I'm 99% positive all of them will go through.  All of the baptisms  are for pretty young people.  We've been trying to teach their families, but they don't seem interested at all.  These three  have a desire to be baptized though.   I'm way excited for all of them.  Hopefully these baptisms will jump start this area.  We also have a few families that we are teaching and they are doing really well.  The "S" family,and the "V" family.  I'm excited for both of them.  This week I had the opportunity to go on splits with Elder Brown.  It was a good time, we had a lot of fun and we worked really hard, and...we walked... A LOT.  It was good though.  It was nice for me to test my self on a few things and I'm happy how everything turned out.  Also, today we had a District activity here in Pandan.  It was a lot of fun, we had members and investigators there.  It was great and everyone had a great time.

That's about all I have for this week. Sorry for no pictures, it's just too had to send them here in Pandan.  We're going to the city next week, so I'll send them then.  
I love you all and  I hope you have a great week.

Ingat kayo

Elder Andersen


No comments:

Post a Comment